While I was on my noon time walk with Harleigh (new, more refined spelling)to the mailbox, I was startled by someone hanging out of the passenger side window of the huge diesel fume spewing garbage truck behind me. The garbage man, Nascar hat and all, was hanging out the window dangling two big-dog size milkbones (the real deals, not the cheap knockoffs that Harley gets). Harleigh stood up on her hind legs to reach the dangling goodness.
Initial thought...wow that was real kind. Second thought...that just encourages dogs to chase the garbage truck, to get their reward. I wonder how many hungry dogs they have unknowingly hit?
After telling Gabe (the ex-dog catcher) the story, he said, "Oh yeah, thats Bob. He is the one that hit and mortally wounded that dog and couldn't finish his shift, because he was crying so hard. He just LOVES dogs, all of them." Maybe we should tell him the possible unintended consequences of his actions.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the new spelling. Has Rause been dropped?
Kris
Certainly a dog w/ a name like Harleigh wouldn't chase a garbage truck? I could see a Harleigh chasing a floral delivery truck. Not that there's anything wrong w/ it.
Dolberry!
I can not wait for our next family gathering! How could we have not thought of BD before? I am very busy. Still hoping for a "Stand and Deliver" type ending to this horrific school year. 8 weeks to go! Much love,
Katheigh
Kristin, Mojo and I just came back from happy hour tonight and were delighted to find out that many of our friends are butt dart veterans. Of course, down here I think they call it ass jarts. I heard of similar fraternity games, but I think they included ice and no pants. Thank god I was never a participant, not that there's anything wrong with it.
Post a Comment