Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Getting outta here!


With mixed emotions we are leaving Alaska. Just when the weather was turning promising, the bears are coming out and the Halibut are being caught, we are packing up and leaving Ketchikan.

I (carrie) accepted a job at the Northwest Energy Coalition. After attempting to land a job there for the last 3 years, I was offered a position as a policy associate. I am thrilled. My first project is to monitor the rule making of new landmark legislation passed by WA state to limit emissions of power production. A bold and brilliant idea! Check out their website, www.nwenergy.com.

Since the shamrock challenge. We have had some great times in Alaska, with some fabulous and fun visitors (Mom, Dad, Sarah and Wilson the bulldog). I would like to share some of the highlights and corresponding picture for your visual enjoyment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you! Sorry you'll miss the bears. More than that, sorry they'll miss y'all. Happy trails!
Kris